Purpose of the Policy
Aspen Medical takes its obligations under the Privacy Act seriously and will take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we intend to do so.
The information about you that we may collect in the course of carrying on our business includes:
- Name, address, telephone and email contact details;
- Information that you provide to us in a CV and/or application form, including accompanying documentation such as:
- Professional registrations/licences
- Professional references;
- Immigration documentation (including work permits, visas);
- Police/criminal record check;
- Medical history and medical examination reports;
- Bank and superannuation account details;
- Tax File Number/Australian Business Number details.
It is the individual’s responsibility to provide accurate and truthful information, as Aspen Medical and its clients will rely on that information.
Use & disclosure of information
Personal information is collected for the purpose of:
- general client management;
- assessing candidate suitability for a position with Aspen Medical;
- assessing candidate fitness for deployment;
- complying with immigration requirements (including applying for work permits/visas where required);
- complying with professional credentialing requirements determined by our client/s; and processing payments.
Aspen Medical may disclose this information to:
- relevant Aspen Medical personnel;
- our client/s;
- our service providers (eg organisations or individuals that conduct screening testing services to us);
- our insurer/s;
- relevant Australian, state and overseas government departments and authorities;
- other relevant stakeholders with whom Aspen Medical may deal with directly in relation to a specific project;
- anyone to whom you authorise Aspen Medical to disclose information.
Sources of information
Where possible, Aspen Medical will collect the information directly from prospective candidates. However, in some cases we may receive personal information from referees or people that have worked with or are working with you.
What happens if you choose not to provide the information?
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide Aspen Medical with the personal details that are requested we may not be able to verify your suitability for employment with Aspen Medical.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
Access and Contact
You can request access at any time to the personal information we hold about you. There are some circumstances where access may be declined, for example where a release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
General Manager, Aspen Medical
+61 2 6203 9500