Aspen Medical has been contracted by Roy Hill Iron Ore Pty Ltd to provide integrated healthcare services to the Roy Hill Project. This project encompasses an iron ore mine, 344km of heavy rail and a port facility at Port Hedland. The deposit is located north of Newman, at the eastern end of the Chichester Range in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
This contract builds on Aspen’s reputation for providing the resource sector with tailored healthcare solutions in remote and challenging environments. "Our commitment is to draw on our operational experience to provide the highest quality healthcare, using the best in logistics, technology and medical expertise to support personnel and increase efficiency" said Matt Hughes, Director of Operations at Aspen Medical.
Aspen Medical will provide a complete range of medical and environmental health services to support operations to all Roy Hill sites. These services include 24/7 medical evacuation services, primary health care support, 24/7 e-medicine consultation, medical logistics and equipment support, pre-employment and medical assessments, drug testing and the provision of medical consumables and equipment.
This project demonstrates Aspen's flexibility in crafting the most appropriate medical solutions to suit the requirements of customers. Aspen Medical Director Dr James Ross added "We are focused on ensuring our client has assurance of the provision of highly refined medical processes and procedures, which are innovative and flexible in delivery".
Aspen Medical - Facts:
- Aspen Medical was established in 2003.
- Aspen Medical has experience delivering healthcare solutions in complex environments throughout the Pacific region, South East Asia, the Americas, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
- Aspen Medical provides outsourced health solutions in regional and remote areas, and service both public and private clients.
- Aspen Medical supports CACI and the Center for Excellence in Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance by providing subject matter expertise in the management and technical aspects of medical and public health programs, training, and education.
- Over 600 staff employed internationally.
- Winner of the Large Services award at the 49th annual National Export Awards in 2011. These prestigious awards are co-presented by Austrade and the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Winner of the ACT Exporter of the year awards 2011 & winner of the Large Services category.
- Winner of the BRW Top 100 Private Companies and Fastest Growing Company in Australia in 2009.
- Aspen Medical support and fund The Aspen Foundation which is a not for profit organisation that provides healthcare to remote and underprivileged communities.
- NARHLS (http://www.nahrls.com.au/) and RAHC (http://www.rahc.com.au/) are subsidiaries of Aspen Medical, Australasia.
- Find out more information about Aspen Medical online at http://www.aspenmedical.com.au/.